View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

Welcome to you, Tomsmith. It's so good you found us & wanted to discuss your situatiion. I'm glad you're taking a hard look at what alcohol may be doing to your life, both now & in the future.

When I was your age I never thought about my consumption. I never considered there may come a day when it would become a necessity. All the signs were there, though. I couldn't get enough once I started. There was never a time when I had 'just one', despite my best intentions. You are still managing 3 sober days a week - and I was too in my 30's. Over time, I found myself having zero sober days. Maintaining a certain level of alcohol in my system was imperative, or I'd shake and be sick. I never imagined it would come to that. I didn't know what was meant by the term 'progressive disease' until it had taken over my life.
I'm not saying it would ever come to this for you - but at the end of my drinking days I was drinking 24/7, taking it to work with me, living recklessly. Be careful with your precious life. Keep reading & posting - we care about you.