View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alonefornow

I'm not handling this well.

My boyfriend broke up with me Dec 16 2020 He said it was unfair to have me waiting for him . He said he kept obsessing about where I was and who I was with in his absence. He let me go out of love. He let me go so he could concentrate completely on his sobriety. He just asked for a break. I told him we were not in highschool so we were either together or not. Well, I have been working on myself. So far I think I have handled things very well and in a mature way. That was until Christmas day. I did to him what I always hated him doing to me . I told him I believed he really left me for a girl he met in recovery. If he has a girl now it is none of my business . I don't believe he broke up with me for any other reason than to focus on his sobriety. I feel horrible. I falsely accused him. I asked him to forgive me via text but never got a response. I know I have to be an adult about this but I am having a very difficult time. I am preoccupied with loosing my best friend. I am spending time with my family and friends. I am setting and reaching small goals. If staying in our relationship jeopardizes his recovery I gladly give it up. If he really gave me up because he was trying to do what is best for me I wish he would let me decide. I don't think I have handled this properly so I really hope it isn't our last interaction He obviously needs space so I must give it to him.