View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 11:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by SMB View Post
Thanks so much all for responding to my post and helping me to see more clearly. Amazing how he is still now trying to make me look like the bad person. He makes it out like I threw him on out on the street and how could I do that. He messages me every day now confessing his great love for me and that he will stop drinking. Wants to come back, But I am not going to budge!
I'm glad you are not going to budge. This situation could go on like it is for years and years (you are almost at two years of it already!).

He may have another condition, depression, anxiety or who knows and there is nothing wrong with that but he still has to find his way and there is help available for him, but he doesn't want it apparently.

It will hurt for a while, I'm sure you are feeling bad, however, the longer you stay away from him the stronger you will feel as the FOG starts to lift (fear, obligation, guilt). You know that you didn't "throw him out in to the street" and that's all that matters, you know the truth and you did the right thing for yourself.