View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JW1219

Cheating and Alcoholism

I’ll try not to make this two long. Wife (36f) Myself (40m). Married 14 years, together 16 years. We have 2 children. The passed 5 years have been hard. She lost her cousin and father during this time and started drinking heavily. Wife is an alcoholic. Over the past five years she has constantly left the home gone out with friends and refused to stop drinking. Two years ago she agreed to go to rehab and hopes to saving our marriage. After a 30 day program, She stated she needed to do an additional time at another facility. After intercepting text messages between her and another man about meeting for sexual activity. I asked her to come home. Since then she has not stopped drinking and I filed for divorce. She stayed in the house for around three weeks until one night she left to be with another man. The outside security cameras caught her doing sexual things on the phone with the man she left to see and also a conversation with a man she was in rehab with. After asking her multiple times about her relationship with the man in rehab she denied anything ever happens. She is now back in rehab asking to fix things between us and getting our family back together. Before going back to rehab she was drinking and hanging out in bars with multiple men. After being in rehab about 2 weeks this time, I found out she had an affair 2 years ago with the man she was in the first rehab with. This was an inpatient rehab and they snuck off to have sex. She has stated she’s working on herself and she has to deal with her addiction and cannot talk to me about the affair. There are many other occasions she has left the house at night and came home late at night drunk. Said she was with friends and nothing more. There is also a few times she left town for a weekend and went to visit “family”. After one of her trips, I caught her FaceTiming another man with her shirt off. She swears the 2 affairs I know about are all that has happened. But I had to get hard evidence to even get her to admit to those. She swears there was no one else. I am very much in love with her but I can’t trust her at all. Any advice will help.

Thank you.