Thread: AVRT meetings
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 04:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

GT, my post wasn't really about understanding AVRT as much as it was trying to help shakeel with this:
I have heard it said here many times that once you read the book, get a good handle on what the AV is and how to recognize it, a person is all set and once they make their Big Plan along these lines, they do not need any meeting nor anything else for that matter.

Shakeel, you're not necessarily missing a thing in regard to AVRT. It's really not all that complicated. Dealing with the automatic association is easy. "Sure, of course I'd think about drinking because it's a holiday - that's just the work of my neural pathways. IT is likely to suggest that drinking is a good idea at holidays for a good long time, maybe forever. But that's dumb. I don't drink." In addition, it was vitally important to me to recognize that the more insidious dis-ease that leads to beast activity that spurs the AV to speak up can be addressed, but not within the construct of AVRT.

Wonder of wonders, I have no desire to counter GT's point-by-point dissection of my post with my own rapier intellectual response.
That's a solution I found outside the confines of AVRT.

O