Thread: AVRT meetings
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by shakeel View Post
@GerandTwine
"So, it is hard to understand how you “tend to forget, plain and simple” as you swallow more alcohol after you claim to “have done all that reading and getting a good handle on the AV”.

Yes, if I am not constantly reading about AVRT, after a while if the obsessive thought of drinking comes, my brain soehow gets hijacked by the AV before I get the chance to recognize what is going on. Thus, my question regarding RR meetings.
Besides making direct contact with Rational Recovery, this forum is the only place I know of that you can converse with people about AVRT; and not only that, you can do it from Casablanca, so your desire to learn AVRT better has definitely got you to the right place. Just keep posting your questions, and give some detail about how alcohol actually gets into your body without AVRT ever crossing your mind.

About your brain being hijacked by the AV before you get the chance to recognize that you’ve swallowed a bunch of alcohol; check out the part on “Vertigo” in the book Freshstart sent you - “Rational Recovery, The New Cure” and let us know how it goes.