Thread: Help needed
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 04:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Fake AVRT is when a tossed salad of recovery ideas and beliefs that may contain some use of the term AV is specifically named as being AVRT. Some of those beliefs include relapse prevention; Counting days; Thinking in terms of "One day at a time”, and many others.

Since the term Addictive Voice, AV, has become as commonplace as Xerox is for copying, there’s no way anyone can point out all the times AV is used incorrectly according to AVRT and explain why each time. So, I don’t see that as a problem warranting any great deal of effort from me.

When you were under the influence of alcohol and posting for a number of weeks last year, you used a lot of AV talk. But I don’t think you actually claimed to be practicing AVRT, because that would be impossible. So, I wouldn’t call your doing that fake AVRT and I didn’t participate in that thread at all. Also, that thread was not on this Permanent Abstinence Forum. It would only be fake AVRT if you actually claimed that you were practicing the Technique of Addictive Voice Re-Cognition.

Here in the US, about one third of adults don’t drink at all, and tens of millions of them were former drinkers/drunks. So, this Permanent Abstinence forum on Sober Recovery is a small window in the rooms of recovery for people to see a way out into the vast populated world of life after recovery, after recovery is completed, living alongside and indistinguishable from people around you that never had a past addiction.

It actually becomes quite clear to formerly addicted people, who actually put in the relatively short time to understand and use the Technique of AVR, when the term AV is used in recovery outside the specific realm of AVRT. They see the tossed salad approach which is to say they have an awareness of a whole lot of unrecognized AV as the very term AV gets tossed around.

I’m not saying a tossed salad approach to recovery is wrong or not useful in some ways for an addicted person. I’m just saying it is not Addictive Voice Recognition Technique.

In AVRT addicts take the full hit of moral responsibility for all the drunkenness and its consequences; this then finally exposes their full and uniquely human capacity to take the BEAST by the horns and simply will it into impotence. I will never drink again. The Big Plan. It’s ironic how taking all the blame for the past gross indiscretions released me from a feeling of incompetence regarding having more to drink or not.