Thread: Help needed
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Hi Sh,

YOU chose to post here on the Permanent Abstinence Forum.

Your AV chose to post about neediness.

If you really want to use AVRT, this is the correct forum.

If you’d like to skip AVRT and go directly to taking the pledge of permanent abstinence, this is also the correct forum.

A couple years ago, you said your twin sister makes it all the easier for you to reflect about your own drunken mis-behavior because there you have someone close to you who looks like you who has never been a drunkard.

Well, imagine triplets. Her, You, and YouDrunk. If you use AVRT, you will kill off YouDrunk forever, and then you can get on with the rest of your life; past your early good drinking, past your drunkenness, and even past your recovery.

I experienced sensations of sadness when I killed off MeDrunk, but I now realize that was all just my BEAST withering away in its cage in my cranium. Its been frozen in there now for decades, although it did thaw out for about five minutes once when a prescription of hydrocodone ran out. “How can we get some more?” And that was it. I smacked IT down.

When you and your sister are 80, you can sit down and have fond memories of your mother, and maybe even make that once a decade reflection on that distant past obsession you had with getting away with that oh-so-pleasurable buzz from alcohol; which by the time your 80, you will not even remember what it felt like, but you will still remember you made a Big Plan.

All this, even if your sister is still sipping some wine at 80.

If your going to practice the Technique of Addictive Voice Re-Cognition, you simply have to separate that desire to drink from YOU, which I don’t think you have ever done.

It is possible, though, to take the pledge of Permanent Abstinence without using AVRT. But I have found that people who do that seem to develop a mental process very similar to AVRT when presented with an opportunity to drink or thoughts about drinking.

From the other direction, AVRT was created by studying how people who made the pledge dealt with future residual desire to drink.

Learning not to poop in one’s pants example is similar to not drinking alcohol any more. As a teacher, you know children are learning how NEVER to do certain things EVER AGAIN all the time. Bowel control is like alcohol consumption control, when peristalsis sets in, find the bathroom; when the desire to get that wonderful unique pleasure from alcohol again comes to mind, however that may occur, use AVRT and your Big Plan automatically pops into mind. That’s the neural short-circuit you create with a Big Plan.

It is that simple, it works, and it allows you to spend the least possible time “in recovery”. That’s why we don’t see a lot of people here who have used AVRT to end their addictions.

They’ve moved on as common teetotalers, a condition that new people in their lives rarely find out about because someone who has recovered using AVRT has put that recovery completely into the past.

You may recall, the only reason I’m here is to help reveal AVRT and try to expose fake AVRT. As a dividend, I did use several posts on Sober Recovery to assist myself in using AVRT and permanent abstinence to quit (or as dwtb would say “quat”) man-made sweets years ago. That truly has improved my health.

GT