Thread: Help needed
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LumenandNyx

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
I drank after 474 days sober last night. I NEED to hear that I have the power, that this doesn't mean an avalanche of drinking needs to start now, that all my work has not disappeared. That I'm FINE. That all is good, and that I can resume my sober life. I NEED to hear this.
Well, obviously things aren't fine. You relapsed after over a year of sobriety. Something convinced you to side on the side of drinking rather than staying sober. What was that event? What were you thinking as you experienced it? I think these need to be identified.

Of course you have the power to stop drinking - you're the only one who does. No, an avalanche of drinking doesn't HAVE to follow and the work you did in the past to stay sober hasn't GONE anywhere. You still achieved that and nothing can erase it. I don't know that all IS good - - - is IT all good? Does it even matter so long as you don't drink again?

Of course you can resume your sober life. Just stop drinking - that's the only thing you have to remember to do (or not do).

Best.