View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 06:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Originally Posted by Laura3 View Post
Thats a tough question because if I were in jail or homeless there would probably be more options available to help me in recovery, I know people in prison who are living better than I am
I understand this comment Laura....there is so much help given to people that are in the "system".....I have witnessed this my whole life as I worked a 9-5 job and made a ton of money and my sister was getting so many benefits (which it is not her fault the systems work the way they do). And me that worked my whole life and much overtime couldn't get into so many programs that would have benefited me. Its super frustrating and I get it.

For me this last time thou...I didn't care about a rehab, detox, AA, counselors, therapy, my house or my house bills, my car or insurance payments, didn't care about what I looked like or who didn't believe me i wasn't going to drink anymore.....all I cared about was staying alive....I know I was at deaths door...and I think when I reached that point I was able to say...I just want to live....and however I live (if I live) I made it clear to myself that if I made it thru that last detox....I will LIVE without alcohol.