Thread: Need help
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Primativo...drinking at 8am on a Sunday is the one of the worst feelings in the world...when I was drinking...I always drank in the morning because I could not stand the withdrawal symptoms from the night before...drinking in the a.m. was not a "want" for me but a "need" and even worse than drinking in the morning when I am in that condition is needing to show up at the liquor store at 8 in the morning because I didn't prepare myself better the night before or I was thinking the night before (I am quitting) but would wake up in horrible shape knowing that would not be the day I could quit.

I read back some of your posts and you drink like me...till you end in the hospital or in need of IVs....Hopefully, someone in your household can get you some supplies today so that when you are ready to "fight the withdrawal" you have some things like water, sports drinks and something easy on the stomach in place (soups and watermelon or any fruit you enjoy).

Maybe this will be the last time....For me I never know if it is the last time I will go on a bender until I am out of the fog from the detox...usually about 8-10 days and then I get a sense of if I am going to "make it" or not.

For the last 6 years everytime I cam out of a detox I did not feel "solid" in my decision to stay stopped....it was a restless uncomfortable feeling. This time I sort of feel like I did in 2005....which is a hopeful sign for my recovery...I hope when you reach the end of this bender...and I know you hope so also...that you just "get" it...and "feel" it...that you should not drink anymore...You have had enough.