Thread: broken record
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nez

My heart goes out to you hummingbird. Thanks for the post, I keep hoping your son will find recovery. Even though I am sure it was painful to share, it is full of the truth and pain that comes with alcoholism. Your sharing can help both loved ones of alcoholics and alcoholics as well; those alcoholics still in the throes of the disease and those who have found recovery. I appreciate your willingness to share.

I can relate to much of your son's story.
he lives 1700 miles away and has no friends there. GF is gone so he is all alone. AA meetings are still zoom so he can't meet people at the meetings
Misery loves company. When I had pushed everyone away and even my dog didn't want to deal with me and I was left totally alone with no company for my misery, that is when I finally really reached out for help. I was no longer just paying lip service, I truly wanted help. I was at my bottom, all alone. Except I wasn't alone; my family, friends, and recovery community were not far away. They had been there all along. Even though it saddened them, they left me alone to to finish my solitary digging. My misery finally had no company. Left absolutely alone, I became exhausted and reached out.

I now have 17 years of recovery. I know peace and serenity. I wouldn't trade my life today for anything. My path to today led me through hell, but it was the only way I was going to get to today. Don't give up hope. May you can find peace with your sons' path, wherever it leads.