Thread: Urges
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Philemon

No Hodd the longest I've gone in 20 years is 8 weeks. But I'm a bender drinker so it used to be I could go 2 weeks between 3-4 day benders a few years ago. Now it's to the point of 4-10 day binges with 4-8 days inbetween. So no time at all. Although I managed 16 days between this month, how pathetic is that?
The Campral (or is it Campril). When I tried that years ago, I found I was having problems stringing thoughts together, memory gaps, just floating off into space. A bit later I found out that these were the effects of being a heavy drinker!
But as I had read the side effects leaflet and they were on there I thought it must be them. And I do tend to get every side effect on the leaflet if I read them.
The doctor wouldn't prescribe it again (then) unless I had counselling as well. As I'd already been to see a psychotherapist every week for 2 years, not long before, I'd had enough taking time off work and sitting getting counselled.

I do need a lifestyle change. But I'm not sure I've had a "lightbulb" moment. I've had about a 100 of what I have thought were those.
I'm glad the Campra(i)l worked for you. Even if it was just placebo effect (btw, did you read the leaflet?)
Even better you changed your life, yourself
Things being the way they are atm, I can't get to a gym, so I'll just have to try the walking if those urge after urge days happen.