View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Donnylutz

Smile 1 year!!!!!!!!!!

1 year ago today I checked into rehab.

I'm torn between being in shock that it's been a year already, and actually not caring that it's been a year. I remember being SO THRILLED when I made it a month! I'm starting to feel so disconnected with my old life, which is a good thing. It's just odd that something i had to focus EVERYTHING on or I could die, has become so small and insignificant now.

To those at day 1, scared and mad and a mess - you too can rewrite your life. At first it's second to second and feels impossible, but then you blink and it's been a year! Build your path, build your support, and create what you need for your sobriety. I HATE this line........but if I can do it, so can you! Don't give up!!!

Gratitude.
I'm gratefull for so much. No hangovers, no worrying about DWI'S, feeling better, looking better, saving so much money. No embarrassing phone calls, texts, or emails that I have to explain away.

Early in my sobriety I was blown away with how amazing waking up on a Saturday morning feeling good was - that amazing feeling never goes away!

I'm grateful to be sober, and to no longer have to be addicted to my sobriety. I really had to give up alcohol and become addicted to staying sober. It's nice now to just be and not have to think about addiction all the time - other things exist in life and are a lot more fun to give time and attention to!

Stay strong SR, and a HUGE thank you to the many that have helped me, not just this past year, but since I joined about 6 years ago. I failed miserably so many times - learning to not focus on that helped so much. It doesn't matter how many times you fail, you only need to succeed ONCE! ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍