View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
trailmix

I would suggest that you stop talking to those that feel they need to tell you what to do? I understand you have to vent, that you want perspective (been there) but if you are talking to people that aren't familiar with addiction - you will never get the understanding you need. Now I'm not saying you should cut them all out of your story, that would be awful, but maybe pick and choose who you talk to. People here do understand.

I second what Dandylion said, you are only 19. I got married at 19. Did I know what I was doing? I did at the time. When I was 35 it may have seemed a bit unresearched lol. I got divorced shortly after that. Who you are at 19 is not who you will be at 25 or 30 or 35, I'm sure you've heard that. Your basic core personality will probably be much the same but your perceptions of the world and the people in it will change. Why? Because you will have seen it, experienced it.

Maybe you will take a (big) time out, maybe you will get involved with him again. Either way, you will see the writing on the wall. The only question is which path you choose and how long you go down it. As is said here often, more will be revealed.

I hope you keep posting and if you do decide to return to the relationship I really, really hope you keep posting!