View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 06:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Libby06

How exciting Coz! Your list for venuscat was very heartfelt, and I learned a lot about you Suze. (Like your first name)It sounds like you were cutting yourself short and I am so glad you are feeling better!

Last year when I planned to quit smoking, I told myself, July 1st, because they were going up to $10 (US). I dreaded the day as it was approaching. Unlike you Coz, I did zero research, smoked when I woke up and called it a loss. But, it really really bothered me everytime I smoked. I didn't even really try to quit at all, I just set a date. After 11 days, I was just so sick of myself and when I put it out, I decided I was really going to try, and here we are.

I hope you have a great adventure out in the hills. It sounds fantastic. Dont be too proud to use nicotine replacement if you have to and are not against it. Quitting is difficult, and if you can make it easier on yourself, I would recommend it. The gum isnt great but it helps. I used the patch a little too. Not every day, just weekends when smokey mcsmokerson (hubs) was around all day long.

I'm super excited to hear how it goes and how you feel as a nonsmoker!