Thread: I’m lost
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 09:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Indigochild

Originally Posted by any View Post
I’m not asking for sympathy, this is my last post. I understand you are trying to help but this reply came off as rude to me. You honestly don’t know anything I’ve been through besides what I’ve said. I’m deleting my account, I get you’re trying to help but after your reply I’d rather just go after it alone. I didn’t mean to ask for “sympathy” I just wanted insight from others on the best way to go about this. Yes it’s stupid for me to want to be wirh him, but I love him. I only want the best for him. I get you were trying to help but obviously this wasn’t the right place to ask. Thanks anyway
I can understand how it came across as rude to you, but in my view its actually the attitude you can come to understand and expect when someone has a lot of experience with an addict. They call it tough love. I hope you haven't deleted your account as the advice you will come across now is what you will need.

Living life with an active addict is pretty much throwing your life away, loving them so much and getting no quality in return. I think you need to try and understand, we all have an idea of what you have been through, and its quite possible that you have no idea what we have been through and this is what we will try and advise you on. Many of us here have wasted years on loving addicted partners, ones we can actually leave but choose not to (as opposed to parents family members etc) it's not a lifestyle that I would wish willingly on anyone. It's no fun, it hurts and it will get worse than you can ever imagine. It rarely gets better. Out of interest? What's his drug of choice?

I believe if you are dealing with an addict, you need to develop a thick skin. It's certainly something to work on or you will be in no end of pain. Did I read in another post that you are 19? Man, when I look back at my 19 year old self, it's so, so sad to think of someone that age going through the role of partner of an addict. It's really very sad, I mean it is for anyone of any age, but 19 you have so much ahead of you and now is the time to mold your future into what you want it to be. Develop as a person and not get to an age where you look back with such regret at the time you wasted.

We can only advise and you can really try to take it in, or not. It is a really difficult situation that all of us here have been in. I hope you do come back as advice and support really can make you feel a little better in those terribly dark times.

IC x