Old 07-26-2020, 09:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BullDog777

Originally Posted by Fronting View Post
I don't want this thread to come off like I can't even quit even though I am saved. I want this thread to show as Jesus saves even the sinner like me. For it is far more important to be saved than it is to stop a sin.
I knew this old biker named Cowboy and he used to say that "Jesus loves babies, drunks and fools." Get to talkin to him and he'd say, "simply put, this meant you stood a 2/3 chance for divine intervention" if you were still drinkin.

I consider myself a Christian. However, your statement "it is far more important to be saved than it is to stop a sin" I think that sounds like an excuse to keep making poor choices. An this is the problem with a lot of Christians nowadays. They think as long as they do the whole born again prayer that their eternal life is forged in stone and they can keep engaging in whatever terrible **** they're doing.

To be a Christian is to be "Christ like". You cannot live a righteous life engaging in the same sinful acts. There has to be repentance and a change of behavior. As it is defined" Repentance is the activity of reviewing one's actions and feeling contrition or regret for past wrongs, which is accompanied by commitment to and actual actions that show and prove a change for the better." Will I continue to sin? Of course, but if I truly repent, do I justify the sinful act? I don't think so.

So...to me, if you claim to be a child of Christ, you better walk the talk . There are too many people nowadays using religion for anything but what it was designed for.