View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Coz

Thanks Suze and Libby

Suze - curious... What answers did you come up with as to why you don't look after your health? I know that I have done a poor job of looking after my health all of my life. I never put it as a priority - sort of felt invisible. But as I am getting older, I am starting to see the consequences of my less-than-ideal choices.

Libby - your story is so great to read. I like the idea of walks and showers. I've started a list of places and activities that I would not normally smoke. I don't smoke inside the house or car, but I do love being outdoors. So I think when I am outside, I will need to keep busy. Do you still get cravings after over a year of not smoking? I was hoping that the first few weeks was all I'd need to be convinced I was a non-smoker, but then again, I gave up while pregnant twice and still went back to it for some silly reason. And like you, I was a cool kid smoking at age 13 - school toilets, corner shop with friends, train station, down at the beach..... Non of my old school mates still smoke. It is just me that never managed to give it up - but I will next week.

Down to a ration of 10 smokes (maximum) today and only six more days of smoking. Onwards!