View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Libby06

Coz- it is super repetitive! I think he's just trying to hammer home his process. I quit drinking in AA and asked HP for help with the smoking months before I quit. One morning I was smoking, and I looked at it and thought "What am I doing? This is gross" and put it out half way through. I had heard of people quitting like that and thought they were full of it I joined a quit smoking group on Facebook and downloaded a quit smoking app on my phone. My husband still smokes....a lot, when I get a strong urge I ask God to take it away. So far so good!

Venuscat- Dont be so hard on yourself. Quitting smoking is hard. It's so ingrained in the brain. I wish quitting was as easy as starting! If someone told me when I started that I would be shelling out at least $100,000 to pay for this little habit, I probably would have never started, but it's TRUE. Dang, I thought I was so cool at 15 with my ciggie. At the end I felt like a social pariah!😖

I started telling myself months before I quit that I'm a non smoker, like as soon as I put one out. Eventually it clicked, and now I am. Im rooting for you! It's all about changing habits and routines. I started light exercise when I wanted to smoke, or taking a shower. It felt so good washing away the stench. For months I felt like I was washing it from my pores!
🤢