View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
any

Originally Posted by LumenandNyx View Post
Well, the first thing that pops out is that it looks like you still live with your mom. Have you thought about getting your own place? If that's not an option, have you told her that you really need her to back off?

Sometimes - being blunt is the best option even if it might hurt a feeling or two. And on that note - have you thought about saying the same thing to your brother and to your friends? "BACK OFF. QUIT BRINGING UP..." whatever your BF's name is. If you're bringing him and your relationship up and initiating the conversations, you might think about backing off that yourself.

I think the idea of you taking some time for yourself is a smart idea. Take off a week. Take off two weeks. Take as much time as you need. You can let folks know that you'll come around when you're ready. There's no deadline for something like this. Just keep that in mind. And if someone imposes one on you - you can remind that person that it's not THEIR life.

i live on my own because i go to college and can’t afford to live on my own during the breaks. I told her to back off, she got mad but I think she understood. I had some really good conversations with adults today about how a women should actually be treated and it was beneficial. I’ve not had a man in my life treat me right ever. I have two brothers and a dad.