View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Coz

Yesterday went well and stuck to the 12 smokes for the day. Today the ration is reduced to 11.

I have put together a list of the earliest time I can have a smoke today:
AM 6.30, 7.30, 9.00, 11.00,
PM 1.00, 3.00, 4.30, 5.30, 7.30, 9.00, 10.00

There are some concepts that you should delay the time that you have the first cigarette of the day as it sets the scene for the day. My morning smokes are going to be tough for me. I'm sure some of it is the drop in nicotine levels after sleeping, but it is also probably because I am a slow starter in the mornings and a coffee with a cigarette have become a routine for me. I will start making the first smoke a bit later, but not just yet.

Each day I will change to times to reduce the number of smokes by one.

Suze - 5 or 6 cigarettes a day is definitely not a heavy smoker - I hope you can easily reach your 2 a day goal when you are ready. Interesting that the pandemic has reduced your motivation to quit. For me it is quite the opposite. While I am smoking so much, my lungs are not tip top healthy and it puts me in a higher risk category for serious consequences if I am unlucky enough to be exposed to COVID. Even when I get a cold, it goes to my lungs and I have one awful cough - so I am using the pandemic as further motivation to quit.

Off to start my reduced smoke day ....