View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LumenandNyx

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by any View Post
I decided to stay on this site because I’m getting to the point where I feel like I’m drowning. I’m getting pressure from everybody, ... I got to the point I told him to leave me alone for the weekend and that I just can’t talk to anybody right now. Is this normal? ... my mom complaining about her marriage...people telling me to block him and never speak to him again. His family wants me to be this perfect girlfriend, he wants forgiveness, ... my friends want him out of my life ..., my brother makes jokes about how “terrible my boyfriend is” ... Anytime I try to be alone my mom follows me. It’s like I can’t get away from anything. I want his and i’s relationship to work because I love him. I know at the end of the day if he’s not giving me what I need then it’s not a good match, but it’s hard to make up my mind with everybody telling me what to do. ... I just woke up this morning in the worst mood and just wanted to straight up run away from everybody.
Well, the first thing that pops out is that it looks like you still live with your mom. Have you thought about getting your own place? If that's not an option, have you told her that you really need her to back off?

Sometimes - being blunt is the best option even if it might hurt a feeling or two. And on that note - have you thought about saying the same thing to your brother and to your friends? "BACK OFF. QUIT BRINGING UP..." whatever your BF's name is. If you're bringing him and your relationship up and initiating the conversations, you might think about backing off that yourself.

I think the idea of you taking some time for yourself is a smart idea. Take off a week. Take off two weeks. Take as much time as you need. You can let folks know that you'll come around when you're ready. There's no deadline for something like this. Just keep that in mind. And if someone imposes one on you - you can remind that person that it's not THEIR life.