View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LumenandNyx

Hm. You're in a pickle alright.

You mentioned that your alcoholism has been documented. What I might do if I were you is start documenting your own recovery. Start documenting therapy sessions. Start documenting counseling sessions with your pastor or priest. Start documenting every good, decent, recovery oriented thing you do. No matter how small or trivial it may seem. Because if you decide to leave this man, this man who may shove all your weaker moments in the public eye, it will certainly behoove you to have paperwork that supports your defense.

Go to meetings, post here (it's time and date stamped), see an addiction recovery therapist or coach, do what you can to support your health and alcohol free lifestyle.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, it might be extremely helpful just to move out of the bedroom you share with him and move into the one down the hall. Go sleep on the couch if you have to, but start showing him that you're creating physical - and therefore, psychological - distance from him. Start that ball rolling.