View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 09:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nez

but yeah....I care about this guy
Don't forget to care about yourself as well. The best way to be a friend, lover, care about someone else, whatever; is to be the healthiest you that you can. If staying with him isn't healthy for you, then it won't be healthy for him.

Women have a tendency to get into a relationship always thinking they can change the guy, but he only changes when he is ready, as it should be. Men have a tendency to get into a relationship always thinking the woman won't change, but she always does, as it should be.

What we want, isn't always what we need. We all have these storylines of what could be. They are grand and beautiful scenarios in our minds; without knowing if it would actually fulfill us in the first place. We get too attached to the idea of what could be; instead of what is.

I find peace and contentment by practicing gratitude for what I do have and by practicing acceptance of what I don’t have. Being just as I am without going to outside things for my happiness. If something comes, I let it come. If not, it wasn't meant to come. I can't make it happen.