View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 07:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lo23

Originally Posted by Bowielover7 View Post
Please cut your losses while you can. It is too soon in the relationship to experience all of this drama. And why would you want to be with someone who won't take you out, not even for a walk? My addict didn't take me out either, he was too paranoid and shameful, plus at home he could sneak off to the bathroom a do a bump. It's a really awful disease that takes lots of hard work to improve upon and from what I've seen, some addicts aren't willing to do what it takes to get well. Nothing will change, this man will keep you in this cycle as long as you allow it. I'm sorry, it really sucks, but you deserve better.
Thank you for your answer, it really soothes my heart..My therapist made it clear to me that he IS addicted, that this is classic behavior (on/off)due to addiction, but i wanted to give it a shot...(actually more than one time..) I don't do drugs i do not know how this kind of people act..The mistake i'm making is that i'm trying to give an answer that makes sense. I suppose is hard to accept the fact that i chose this guy..It's all self blame and guild trips right now..Everyone says he will come back and i do not want to face him again..And it's weird cause i'm a strong person but he always wears his sweet face and then i give in..You can't imagine, it's like there are two of them! The confusion hurts the most, not his absence..Actually, he wasn't present the whole time..i was alone in this "relationship".