View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He didn't had a job at that time, he was planning to start a "music career as a dj" and i thought that this is his dream, he should follow it. I was supported. The problem was that he was smoking weed ALL day. I mean, ALL day, like it was just ciggarettes you know? From the moment he woke up, then staying awake all night doing the same thing. His friends was the same. They all had that "habbit". I dont smoke, i dont do drugs. He was really happy with me and i could see that. He never left his house, we didn't go for a coffee or just A WALK all this time..
After 2 months i asked him to go for a coffee and THEN was a sudden chance in him "pushing me away" for no reason at all and i accepted that..After 2 days he came back to me saying he is sorry and when i asked him "what is wrong?" he replied by saying "it's nothing, it's stuff in my head that make me do stupid things"..

As I read your post, I can see how infatuated you are with this man, but the details send up red flags that this relationship will be all about him and nothing about you. If he smokes pot all day every day, it's a pretty good assumption that he is addicted and that will remain his first priority, no matter how much you care for him or try to "help" him do something he doesn't want to do.

What if you took some time for yourself, a week or two with no contact with him and a chance for you to catch your breath and think about why you are dedicating your life to someone who has nothing to offer to the relationship. You deserve better.

Keep reading around here and maybe you will connect with something that helps you reach out and find help for yourself. CoDA, Al-anon and Nar-anon are three similar fellowships that have helped many here, as well as counseling, church support, family support and of course, SoberRecovery here.

Good luck dear. That may not be what you wanted to hear but there is no "fix" for anyone except ourselves.