Old 07-06-2020, 06:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
trailmix

In my country we are starting to reopen, say half reopened at this point (things like nightclubs are still closed, but bars are open). The numbers are inching up daily, not like U.S. numbers which have been increasing dramatically.

I do understand that isolation, for some, is very negative. I am a bit of an introvert generally anyway, so that doesn't affect me as much.

Most people here, since reopening began, do not wear masks, even the most vulnerable, but we are in the early stages and I do believe the numbers are going to start to really climb, I hope not but I have lost faith in people looking out for others.

I started wearing a mask before it was widely accepted here, my first trip to the grocery store I had some guy standing staring at me and shaking his head, so I told him to move along and mind his own business (yes, I really did).

If people could follow some simple guidelines, we would have much more freedom, but they obviously cannot. So perhaps when you think of freedom to go out being stymied, think more about those that don't wash their hands frequently, wear a mask in enclosed spaces and social distance, THOSE are the folks to watch out for, not the ones following the guidelines.

And no, I don't believe the lock down is the cause of the U.S. spread, if you aren't sure, just take a look at your neighbours to the North who also had a lock down. Sweden's record is not great, their morbidity rate for the size of their population is not great.