Thread: Oh Well? Part 2
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 08:21 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Tats, it's true. My drinking-related and workaholic ways had a major impact on the family. It didn't upset me in the least that K believes that because I believe it too. It was, on the other hand, kind of irritating that she was telling me this as if it was something I didn't know. I would much rather have her approach me with the stance that I've done a lot of work already and don't need an education. What's strong about her is that I'm certain I can say that and she'll take it in. A far cry from previous sponsors who would see that as some sort of pathology. Like my counselor in rehab #1, who responded to my frustrated, "I know all of the things" statement with a snotty, "Why are you here, then?" (Shocked me into angry silence, but of course I was there because I was still drinking despite knowing all of the things. How could she not "get" that? )

Thanks, Hawk. I know this will all work out eventually. I was just unexpectedly knocked sideways there for a bit. Knowing and feeling turn out to be two completely separate things, huh?