View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BullDog777

check in...why I continue.

Well, today was Father's day and the second day in my new home with my Dad living with me. Man...talk about night and day. He just needed his family around. The man has done a 180 degree turnaround.

If all of this sobriety was so I could take care of my Pops after my mom passed...every***** day was well worth the joy in my dads eyes knowing he was safe and home with his family that loves him.

There are moments in sobriety that have been heartbreaking to me. Days I haven't wanted to get out of bed. Days where I have thought about relapsing. Days where the only answers I had were all the minutes I've stayed sober because everything else was falling apart. An then there was a day like today when my dad wrapped his arms around me and thanked me for taking care of him. He did that and told me he was proud of me. This makes all of those other days of struggling, worth every minute of the pain and suffering it took to get me here.

Today kicked *** This is why we fight for our sobriety. To do what is required in order to live a better life. I thought for 25+ years that I'd never get there. As corny as it sounds, the grind is just one day or one minute at a time until you have enough tools in your belt to be able to live again.

I'm so grateful for this.