View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
gonefishin9

Take a deep breath. Have some SERIOUS conversations with her when she is sober. Get that alcohol out of the house and take another deep breath. Have some more conversations. We women are very delicate and especially emotional in the current global situation, but we will (should...) listen when our man talks real sense, even if we don't like it. I can't tell you what to say because only you know your world. But if I picture myself in her shoes, devastated and terrified and depressed and angry, I would be in a good position to listen to my spouses suggestions for professional help (I liked the parent's group/counselor suggestion), and suggestions for sobriety, especially if he came to me with an understanding tone and was genuinely trying to help me and our family. I am sure you are angry, but when women are in that state we will probably not respond well to anger. We are crying out for help and love even though we might not deserve it. She needs a strong spouse, strong for her but also strong for himself. If you must leave, then leave, only you can make that decision- but from an outside perspective (I'm picturing watching a sad movie), I'm rooting for the husband to pull her out of this and for her to be eternally grateful and the family to come through it all stronger. I will pray for you this month.