View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Sunflower84

Thanks,

Caramel to be honest I feel our government are completely deluded! We still have a high death rate and just as soon as it starts to lessen slightly they loosen the lockdown massively and whilst so many people are still taking no notice of it anyway and all gathering in groups etc.

I'm certain a second wave will hit and I think here in the UK it'll be catastrophic, our government are so slow to act it's a joke!

On the drinking side, I haven't managed to stop properly since the New Year but today is my Day 1 again and yesterday I went to a local drug and alcohol support place, the best one around here, I had a psychiatric Doctor assessment, and an alcohol key worker and I have been offered a medication Acamprosate, aka Campral. To stop cravings and stop me relapsing so I can engage in the counselling / therapy sessions they have referred me for.
I'm speaking with the nurse when she rings and telling her my decision, usually avoid medication but this seems a very gentle med, it doesn't even have to be broken down by the liver so that appeals to me, it's water soluble. Also it has to be better than how I've been living, a mild medication and therapy for a few months sounds better to me than ever drinking again!

So here goes a new strategy, I lost it this last few weeks so I'm not being finally offered more support, Ive never been offered this before, the medication options and proper 1 to 1 therapy for my mental health. I feel this could be a real chance for me.

Sending love to you all!

Hard times all around the world right now so I think we're all being affected in different ways.

Lots of Love xxx