Thread: The surrender
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 08:30 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
davaidavai

Hey Cosmina, I can relate not wanting to post here too much!

But is this true of meth? How would you design a study? You'd have to filter for a lot. I guess we are talking about street doses and not like some kid taking adderall, which can also be completely addictive? I think speed or coke has been society's drug in the past. Is this true about an allergy? Isn't an allergy an immuno response, what does it have to do with craving? I think they have detracted the genetic argument apropos native Americans, or at least somewhat. That seemed a lot like the 'hold yer licker' theory. Who can hold the liquor? What type of man are you?

Through AA I've come to see that all my assumptions have been wrong on this subject. I was high as a kite on alcohol at its first use, in love with it. Why is that so different from meth, aside from being a good little boy in college using society's drug? What about dosage? Adderall proscribed by a doctor vs a street rip of meth. Is one molecule really more addictive? If there was some way to vape 100% pure alcohol, what might that addiction look like? Just speculating, I think these are interesting thought experiments.