View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 02:17 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Morning all
Happy sober Sunday!

Your day sounds great Dig

WL-hope you got through the night ok and had a good walk.

Great going on 3 days FF Congrats on 4 days Time

Hi Myst. what sort of books do you like? I find my tastes have changed considerably as I've got older. I used to like chick lit but now more into detective dramas, police procedurals sort of thing. So Val McDermid is my favourite author of all time. A Place of Execution best book ever imo
Newly discovered Carole Wyer - she has 2 series with 2 different female detectives. I like series as there is a new murder in each book but the characters continue and develop. Rachel Lynch has a series which is set in the Lake District-really good and love the setting! Newly discovered J P Carter DCI Anna Tate series. Very gripping kept me up till the early hours. and last but not least D S Butler. I get them all on Amazon. Seem to be spending all my income on books. I have to buy real books. Can't be doing with kindle. Showing my age again Do you watch The Crown? If so Anne GLenconner's book might be interesting for you. She was Princess Margaret's Lady in Waiting. A good read although a bit strange in places!

Day 13. Lost another pound yaaaay! Slept badlt last night although if I lie on the sofa all day I will not be tired at night I think Feels good to be sober at the weekend. Making better food choices too and looking better. Was up late doing jigsaw and reading last night.