View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 09:06 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
mystified
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Time4Change2020 View Post
Just wanted to check in and say I managed to bypass the shop on my way home. I picked up some peppermint tea yesterday as I find that relaxes me sometimes. My neighbour asked me this morning if I wanted to have a drink over the fence tonight, I just said I have a migraine, I don’t know what else to say! What do you say to people when they ask why you’re not drinking? Everyone will assume I’m pregnant, as the only time I’ve been at social events not drinking is when I’ve been pregnant with my kids. Although I guess lockdown is a good time for this as nowhere to be!

I ramble a bit when my anxiety takes over sorry!
Ramble away.

Proud of you Time4.

I also used to get asked if I was pregnant when I chose to stop drinking. And also used the migraine/headache/antibiotics/too much last night/upset tummy/other health related issue to avoid admitting I'd quit.

Orhers have said that its often people who have their own problems around alcohol who will ask why you're not drinking. I've done it myself when a previous drinking buddy quit. It makes a drinker feel quite uncomfortable.