View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by woodlandlost View Post
but a part of me wondered if this was her attempt to have me back off on my approach to visitation.
I like your lawyer!

This part of you that is wondering? That is your intuition telling you something is not right here. We should all question it from time to time, especially in cases where we have big emotions about the particular situation.

However, from what you have written, I don't think you are wrong. We can call them "slips" or "relapse" or any other name to pretty it up but the fact is, she was drinking. There is a difference between true recovery and taking breaks from drinking, in my opinion. I'm not saying she is lying perse or even being manipulative, but in her world you are indeed the bad guy, trying to stop her from what she wants.

She's been soberish for what, 4 months, you know the drill, this is just a drop in the bucket. She also, obviously has people she knows and talks to that kindly say. WHAT woodandlost is insisting on testing and supervision and and - why you have been almost sober this whole time, you aren't even allowed to have a few drinks and get tipsy? What is this a jail sentence etc etc (you get my drift).

I see you as trying to protect your Daughter, nothing you have asked for seems unreasonable to me (truly) in fact if it were me I would have been asking for testing before and after visits and supervised for at least a year.

If you are in any doubt about doing the right thing, just remember this all gets sorted out and what does she do? Submit a random test and immediately call you saying she must see DD right now because she misses her so much!! No, she goes MIA for 3 weeks. That's your answer.