View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 08:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Andyjenno81

Hi guys,

Feeling so much better today thankfully.

Think it will still be a few days before functioning properly, but so far so good on Day 4.

And I tell you one thing, Librium is a god send if struggling through the horrors of those first few days of withdrawal. So glad I got off my ass feeling sorry for myself yesterday and went to the hospital to get what was needed.

I guess here in Ireland with our health care cover it might be easier to do so then in other countries, where it might be very expensive to do so. I think the vitamin drip they put me on also aided my recovery since yesterday, as I'm sure my body was craving some nutrients after being starved of them for weeks.

Anyway, I got what must be around 10 hours asleep last night. A miracle really! I guess my body was exhausted anyway, but it was first real deep sleep I've had in ages, where I wasn't waking up sweating or with crazy nightmares.

Taking it easy so far today. Addiction is such a bastard of a thing. Even after the horrors of last few days, for a brief moment had I a thought about a drink, then I quickly shut off the thought, logged onto SR and I am writing this which has helped. Going for a walk now to, lovely day in Dublin.

How is everybody else doing today? Happy Memorial Day weekend to the folks over there in the US.

Andrew