View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 01:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Time4Change2020

Day Two of my sober journey

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and this is my first time posting so bare with me. Yesterday, after waking up with yet another ridiculous hangover, rendering me incapable of doing anything productive, I decided enough was enough. I made the decision that that would be my last hangover I would ever experience and it was time to change. Yesterday was the easiest day because I had an awful hangover, but I know that tonight when I get home from work at 8.30 it is all I will be able to think about. I never ever saw myself as someone who could be dependant on alcohol - I'm a mother of two, I study a university course and I work. I have, however, been in therapy for the past year or so, and I think that my decision to finally stop drinking will have a great benefit on my ability to utilise the skills I have learnt there. For once I have been honest with my partner and told him my reasons for wanting to get sober, and he has been great (so far). He has said he will knock it on the head for a while in support of me, so I don't have to see him sipping cans. I think this will be a great help.

So here we are, day two on my sober journey. I'm terrified and excited all at the same time. Any tips for ignoring the cravings at night greatly received!