Thread: Wemtag????
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

Wemtag????

I was blowing through the forums the other day and read a post where someone mentioned having read a post years before that had been helpful to her about "WEMTAG" or something like that which stands for "we expect more from the alcoholic (addict) than they are capable of giving". I have looked for this post but can't find it but keep thinking about it as I have been dealing with an extremely toxic resident in our supportive homeless community who probably needs to become an ex-resident very, very soon!

Does anyone have the correct wording? I want to add it to my self talk inventory of wise sayings when I am talking to the extremely toxic self absorbed resident today who has this personal narrative of victimization (she spent 20 years in prison and was homeless) and whom I am most likely going to have to have her exit stage right very, very soon for the health of the rest of the residents.

Keeping the bar very, very low for some people but at some point they have to get off the floor and and at least toddle a few steps towards being less selfish and try to get better....