View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
stickyone

Originally Posted by Redastaire View Post
I apologize if this has already been answered. I tried searching the posts, but didn’t find anything.

I’ve been on prescription opioids for over 10 years. I’m weaning off them now, as they don’t help much with the pain anymore.

But I’ve discovered that they give me energy. Which seems strange - most people get sleepy from them. I’m the opposite.

My chronic illness (dysautonomia/Lyme) causes terrible fatigue. The opioids are the only thing that gives me enough energy to function like a semi-normal person. But I know I shouldn’t take them for that, so I’ve come down a lot on the dose.

As I’m getting ready to stop all together, I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience with them giving you energy?

If so, did that get better after you quit? Without them, the fatigue is crippling. I cannot function at all. But I’m wondering if being on them for so long has created that, and maybe it will get better after I’m off?

I have heard people say that they took whatever drug they were on just to feel “normal.” Is this what they meant?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Hey yes as you taper off you will feel less energy no motivation and more it's withdrawal I'm on day 3 no taper and it's hell. For a people like us who were prescribe opiates for a medical reasons, yes you will have more energy and feel like you can do everything without pain. But you're brain rewired itself to function with these pills it takes time. For 10 years you've been on opiates it will take time to get you're energy but be patient and it will get better.