View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 09:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FeelingGreat
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi, sorry for your situation. Of course you're not crazy, but what made you think you were? Has he implied you're imagining everything and he's really a sober citizen?

If you choose to stay, say another 8 years, you're probably going to need support for yourself as living in a loveless marriage with an A is not an easy path and it will wear you down. Al-anon is for the family and friends of As and has been a life-saver for many people on this forum.

You don't say whether you work or not. I suggest you start preparing for an exit at a time of your own choosing, remembering that alcoholism is usually progressing and can go from bearable to 'get out now' very quickly.

Preparation would be getting a fund of your own together, quietly. You might want to seek some legal advice about where you'd stand. Put together copies of important documents. Keep a diary of anything relevant - credit card statements (if that's where be buys it), the fact that he was passed out on x date, photos, hiding places etc.

None of the above means you leave before you want to, but will be useful if you need to.

I hope it's been helpful for you to post here, and I know you'll get some useful feedback from others. Good luck.