Thread: Mikoss' Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
mikoss

I do find the AA meeting to be very helpful too Lines.

For me I love the fellowship of the group of people in my AA meetings. I love how in my regular AA group we develop a friendship and we can call each other anytime and text each other or have a conference on Zoom apart from the meeting.

For instance just on my cell phone I have already about 80 contacts on my phone from people in my AA groups and other local AA groups. We call and text each other daily. Just today alone I talked to at least 7 people on the phone that called me. And I communicated with at least 15 people today via text messaging. All of them from my AA group. The support and friendship we have developed is incredible. Not to mention the people in my AA group are a wonderful group pf people that genuinely want me to get sober and stay sober as well as everybody else in our AA group. People that genuinely care about each other. If someone in our group can't get groceries or needs cat food or dog food people from our group go and get it and deliver it to them. We are a very tight knit group.

For me AA and the people I have met in AA is unlike any other group of friends or people I have ever had. People that really care about me and my well being and we look out after each other. It is an absolutely wonderful feeling to know that I have the friends that I have met in my AA meetings as support for me. And I will give support back as well when people in my group are having a bad day or emotionally down or just not in a good place.

I am attending about 20 AA meetings a week and I love it and even the people in my meetings keep telling me to keep coming back and I do. I love every meeting and it is a blessing to be able to still have our online AA meetings through Zoom.

If you ever want to attend any of our AA meetings let me know Lines and you can join in and listen. They really are great meetings.