Thread: Mikoss' Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 02:58 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
mikoss

Originally Posted by Lines View Post
Thanks for the info on the meetings. The ones I looked at for cocaine anonymous had names more relatable to crack cocaine. Maybe I will pick an AA meeting and listen in one day.. was curious I think because Mikoss - you enjoy them so much. I think it's great you've made friends and I give you credit for attending so many. Congrats on your days adding up.

had a long day, and didnt sleep,last night. Not sure if you celebrate but Hapoy Easter. May you get lots of the candy you like and some Dr.Pepper. Have you tried the Dr Pepper and Creme Soda blend? Not bad.
I have never checked out cocaine anonymous meetings but I am sure there are plenty out there. As far as crack or free basing cocaine I am sure there are a lot of people that smoke crack in addition to snorting cocaine so maybe that is why there are names of cocaine anonymous meetings related to crack cocaine. Personally I have only free based cocaine on a few occasions. Usually it is when snorting cocaine got boring and I found smoking it to get a more intense high but a shorter lasting high.

With crack it is a super intense and incredibly powerful high which is stronger than snorting powdered cocaine but it only last 5 to 10 minutes versus snorting cocaine which lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending on the quality of the cocaine and dosage. This is why people get addicted to crack so easily and keep hitting the crack pipe every 10 minutes. The high is so good to them and they keep needing that high over and over again. And also the chasing the dragon mentality that every alcoholic and drug user experiences of chasing that first time we got intoxicated or got high and never being able to quite reach that high of the first time we did cocaine or heroin or whatever the drug is. Hence the name, chasing the dragon.

I personally know a crack user that goes through many grams and grams of cocaine daily from cooking cocaine into crack at home with his wife and smoking cocaine/crack/free basing with his wife. And this friend of mine and his wife are very successful and professional business people with their own businesses that you would never in a million years think they were alcoholics and crack users. But that is the thing about crack and other drugs and alcoholism. It does not discriminate and affects people from all races and nationalities and income levels and socioeconomic statuses. Anybody is susceptible to drug addiction and alcoholism. This disease affects everyone. Young, old, poor, rich, it doesn't matter.

In my case or at least in my AA group as well as other local AA groups of which meetings I attend as well, quite a few people have experience with cocaine among other drugs. I would say that in my AA group a majority of the drug use associated with alcohol abuse was cocaine. A majority of the people in my AA group have a lot of experience with cocaine and can tell you some cocaine stories along with alcohol abuse. Some of them sad, some of them funny, and some of them just like any cocaine user can relate to. Whether is is snorting powdered cocaine, free basing/crack cocaine/smoking cocaine, injecting cocaine with a syringe, hot railing cocaine, or eating cocaine or putting it in a drink, we have done it all within our AA group. I never used needles though or injected any drug with a syringe. And I would say heroin is also another drug abused as well as prescription pills. Mixing heroin with cocaine or snorting powdered heroin by itself or cooking the heroin with water into monkey water to snort like cocaine. We have done it all within our group among other drugs in addiction to abusing alcohol.

If you are interested in attending an AA meeting let me know. We welcome anybody to join our AA meetings. And we have an awesome group of people in my regular AA group as well as my other local AA groups. As a matter of fact a member of my regular AA group invited me to a meeting I have never been to before and I will be attending that meeting this evening in about an hour along with my regular AA group right after that meeting. So two back-to-back meetings this evening I will attend.

Happy Easter Sunday to you as well. May you have a happy Easter with wife, family, friends or whoever and have a blessed and joyous day.

I have not tried the Dr. Pepper and cream soda blend. I do like cream soda though. I buy the bottled Dr. Peppers from a local store. It's $5 for a pack of 4 bottled Dr. Peppers. And I like the half liter Mexican Coca Colas in the glass bottle too.

As far as candy I like my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Reese's Pieces. And Mr. Goodbar, Nestle Crunch, Kit Kat, Milky Way, Snickers, 100 Grand, M&Ms regular and with peanuts, and of course the Sour Patch Kids and the watermelon flavor Sour Patch Kids are my favorite. And Lemonheads and Cherry Sours. I figure eating candy is better than doing cocaine or heroin or drinking.

My girlfriend likes the York Peppermint Patties but she steals my candies too and eats them.

Last edited by mikoss; 04-12-2020 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling