Thread: Mikoss' Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 09:47 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
mikoss

Tonight's AA meeting that I attended with my regular AA group was very sad.

We have some people in our group going through a lot right now and close to relapse with their sobriety in jeopardy and people crying and in tears at my meeting tonight including myself. But we help each other out with support for one another in these troubling times.

We had the unfortunate incident of someone from our meeting pass away from alcohol overdose recently. It was very sad. She died from alcohol overdose and as sad as it is, it is a wake up call that this disease called alcoholism can kill you.

And this is why we stress in our meetings that if we see someone that has not attended our meetings in a while to reach out and call them and touch base with them and see how they are doing. Or if we see someone who looks as if their sobriety is in jeopardy or they look sad or emotionally broken down or just not doing well to reach out to them and give them support.

For instance I have had multiple relapses after relapses while attending my AA meetings and the support and calls and texts that I receive daily from the people in my AA group is absolutely wonderful. The people in my AA meetings genuinely care about me getting sober as they do about anyone in our group and this support is unlike anything I have ever received from anyone. I am not saying you guys are not great too, but in my AA group the support has been great.

And so far I have been sober a few days and clean of drug use for a few days as well. And I credit that to not just me or people here but also a lot to the people in my AA group and my sponsor. Without them I would probably be getting drunk and high on cocaine right now and pills and god knows what else. But I am thankful I am finally able to be sober and clean a few days so far but the fear of relapse is still there and I just have to take it one day at a time.

Last edited by mikoss; 04-10-2020 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling