Thread: Mikoss' Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Lines

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
the movie Flight which illustrates both the lack of control us alcoholics/addicts have and the web of denial, lies, self- and other-abuse and also bad fates that can come of our disease. You'll hear that our disease, untreated, will take us to the gates of "insanity, institutions or death" and that is the tragic truth.

these type of things, or comments from folks on SR or IRL or in a meeting can add up to an eventual quit for some of us. We're the lucky ones and can look back on those who were indeed right about a lot of stuff.

But we have to be willing to face this truth and then act on what it means.
I saw the movie Flight,
I lived my own nightmare 6+ years ago. The only time cocaine use led me to drinking, other drugs and a bad binge that almost left me dead. And then I had to face all the damage I did while using which was a long suffering ordeal. But I managed to repair my life, learned a lot about myself, life, and those around me. I stopped. Couldn have done it at the time without help. The use of cocaine this time, the only time since then, was minor overall, and didnt include other substances. No outward damage and now I'm healing and learning more. But still, stopping this time wasn't easy. Not so much physically with cocaine but emotionally and because I began to recall that past episode. All that to say, I know the web of lies, the darkness, loss of self, betraying my own values.

Lots of interesting topics on this site. Shares, opinions, examples. And your right, some things click and get me thinking. It's all a process. thought usually comes before action unless one is forced. I feel like my own answers need to come from within and sometimes they take their sweet time. I wish I'd ended this lapse sooner, but it looks like perhaps I'm there now.