Thread: Mikoss' Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 06:22 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
mikoss

Somebody mentioned to me that AA is like the club that everybody knows about but nobody want to join. And someone from my AA meeting said yeah AA will really mess with your drinking and that made me laugh a bit.

But tonight's meeting went well. We had a good turnout.

Tonight was a discussion. Sometimes we do a big book study, sometimes we have a speaker, sometimes we do meditation and sharing, and other times just a discussion. But I love all of it. I especially love the speakers when they tell their story for 30 to 40 minutes. That is really where you get to hear a person's story of how they became an alcoholic and how they got sober and their recovery process. I have heard some fascinating stories in these AA meetings.

But I really love our AA group. We joke around, laugh, smile, cuss, smoke, and it is great and a great group of people.

Someone mentioned in our AA meeting who is from out of state of how she likes our group because she attends her local meetings and other meetings as well in other states and she prefers our meeting because we smile and laugh and joke around and cuss and just have a good time during our AA meeting. Whereas all of the meetings she said she attends they are all very serious and there is no smiling and no laughing and just a lot of gloom and doom and people are not usually in a good mood in the meetings she attends.

But I am truly blessed to have our AA group and the people in our meetings.