Thread: The surrender
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Found

I most love the autonomy part. With the hangovers (which used to last months between binges, really) I couldn't decide anything. Now I love doing what I want, when I want, if I want, how much I want, and why I want.

That is "Good Orderly Direction", like the finger post that tells me which way the conference centre, the park and the bus station are - it isn't taking any decisions away from me or my responsibility as to my timing.

"Self will run riot" was amok because trapped and deformed. Now my will is relaxed, alert, imaginative and exuding wellbeing.

If I tilt my head right back (a contortion) what is beyond the end of my own nose becomes "higher".

"Thy" will boils down to having my own true capacity for will.

You're right fundamental-ists in the sense of keeping it as simple as it is, are in contrast to those I called fundamentalists merely in terms of seeking to impose a set of procedures.

For example one man (a good man) occasionally says one can think "too much" whereas I benefit from thinking more, and more widely.

My favourite "slogan cards" are Give Time Time and Think Think Think.

Thinking is my favourite hobby. In the hungover months between binges I couldn't think!

I'm "surrendering" stagnation to the real me, that amazing bloke!