Thread: Mikoss' Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 09:06 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
mikoss

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
You look in the mirror too much Mikoss.
Yes, I do tend to look in the mirror a lot. Usually I am yelling at myself in the mirror but I tend to do that often.

I do really enjoy my AA meetings. I meet a lot of people at my AA meeting and make a lot of contacts and we call each other on the phone and text each other for support.

And I also meet a lot of musicians in my AA meetings. Other guitar players, bass players, keyboard players, and drummers. And we can invite each other to our houses to just play music and jam and show each other's instrument collection or music collection or talk music and tell stories or just play music together.

It is nice to meet sober musicians and also get moral support from them. Some of them play for fun and some of them play or played in pretty legendary bands so there is a wide range of musicians and talent and I love it. But we all just want to stay sober or get sober like me and play music and discuss sobriety and recovery and it is nice to just be able to have that group of people to play music together with. Because my regular band mates we would drink a lot and do a lot of drugs together apart from making music so it is nice to meet sober musicians to play together with.

Like someone said in my AA meeting tonight and in other previous AA meetings, we should call at least 3 people from our AA meetings daily. It helps just to talk and get support daily from our AA group.

Plus I love how after a meeting I get to talk to at least 4 or 5 people from my AA meetings on the phone and probably at least 8 or 9 people from AA via text messaging in addition to seeing them online every day at meetings and sometimes at 2 or 3 meetings a day.

It is a wonderful support group.