Old 03-31-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Numblady

Scotty, very interesting to hear more about what is going on for educators behind the scenes. I know our schools have been working in the background too. Seeing a lot of comments about asking parents to not be hyper critical of the lessons and curriculum (and I’m like, I’ll just be glad there is ANY thing for them other than mindless screens). This is good because I just saw a graphic that the illness is not expected to peak here until May. Hard to imagine we’re not even to the really rough part yet.

Movie night sounds fun. When we watched Back to the Future it was the same kind of thing, going back in time. 1985. We’re basically almost to the year of the future dr. Brown went forward to. Funny. I don’t feel like that. I feel like 1985 isn’t that long ago. Anyhow, in the course of this I finally tried a DIY microwave popcorn. It wasn’t awesome but I see room for improvement and it makes me happy we could skip the strange ingredients in the store bought versions if it comes to that. Plus use up the bag of popcorn I’ve had lying around for so long. I love using up all this food, though my husband seems to keep buying more. Last night i made a recipe using leeks from the garden (they just volunteered after last year; I didn’t plan anything this year) and some carrots we needed to use. Simply and involving only butter, brown sugar and kosher salt as additional ingredients. Yum!

Ok I am procrastinating the stuff I need to do. Have a great day!