View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

Sometimes I just stop and breath as slow and deep as I can for a few minutes. First regain control of breathing then regain control of my thoughts.

The way I see it, not for everybody but for me in particular. My personal relationship with God. A normal person can think of a cold beer and maybe between them and God it's no problem. I looked into the term sin. After all these years I didn't really know what it was. According to some of the religious stuff I looked at, I dont remember or particularly care exactly what religions. I respect all different religions and try and listen and think for myself. I just wanted to hear some views on it so I could make sense of it. What seemed to sum it up was anything that takes you off that path to God is a sin. Now I know even that path to God is something else to determine. What I'm pretty sure of though is that my path to God doesnt involve me wasting away my time with that poison.

At least for me as soon as I'm thinking about a drink I am detouring from God's path. I need to clear the mind, think of the result of the drink. The misery and all that stuff that comes with it. Any thought of it should be loud and clear, nothing good is going to happen. Not my fantasies of how I will just feel a comfortable buzz all night and the next day wont be that bad and the obsession won't be back and supercharged next time.